The name of these cookies is a mouthful, I’m quite aware. However there’s not really a better way to name them. I had considered just sweet n’ salty cookies but that doesn’t convey all the goodness inside.
I literally thought of these cookies while dreaming. I made them in a dream, and then I had to write it down when I woke up. People always say they dreamt up an idea.. but I ACTUALLY did haha. Suffice to say, they were pretty good. I guess my subconscious is a pretty good baker as well!
Now, before we get all crazy and rage at me for my next statement.. stay with me. I’m not the hugest chocolate person. Yikes, I know. You’re thinking how did we ever trust her. But before you leave, that isn’t to say I don’t love chocolate, I do! I just can’t do uber rich punch you in the face chocolate. So I often steer clear of chocolate based cookies. But now white chocolate I usually love – when it’s done right. White chocolate can sometimes be cloyingly sweet and that is just bad white chocolate. But I liked the idea of adding white chocolate to chocolate cookies as it would soften that “punch you in the face” chocolateness. Then you add in peanut butter chips for both salty and sweet, and pretzel bits for salty and crunch. It’s a really balanced cookie because the cookies themselves are pretty soft, so you have a lot of elements competing with each other but in the best way.
Needless to say, if you’re a fan of chocolate, or white chocolate, peanut butter or pretzels (so basically dessert).. you should try these!
Double Chocolate PB Pretzel Cookies
- 187 g AP Flour
- ¾ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar packed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup pretzels crushed/broken
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cocoa, flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk to combine. In a second bowl combine corn syrup, egg white, and vanilla.
- Beat butter and sugars together in stand mixer or with hand mixer until the color has lightened and mixture is light. Add in liquid mixture and mix on med-low until fully incorporated. Add in flour mixture at a low speed until just mixed in. Stir in pretzels, choc chips and peanut butter chips by hand.
- Cover bowl and chill dough for 30 min.
- Scoop dough into about 2 tbsp portions. Cook for 10-12 min, edge of cookie will most likely be more set than center. Keep cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes after removing from oven before transferring to cooling rack.