Peanut butter and jelly has to be almost every child’s first sandwich. Probably most kids’ sandwich of choice through childhood. Not me, I was weird and only wanted peanut butter sandwiches and then had a weird phase of bologna?? I don’t know. But, I get the appeal! Peanut butter is salty and sweet, and paired with the sweet jam you get different textures and tastes going. So, I may not enjoy a PB&J sandwich, but peanut butter & jelly cookies? Yes please.
When adding the jam to the cookie dough you sort of marble/fold it in so that you get bites of cookie that are only peanut butter and some are full of jam as well. They look beautiful with little rivers of fruit through them.
I was told they taste just like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the best way. What’s not to love?
Additionally, here some other PB cookie recipes that are absolute bangers:
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies Key Ingredients
- Peanut butter – I personally prefer these cookies with chunky peanut butter, but I love nuts in my dessert. I think the texture of the cookie just works so well when you use chunky, but you CAN use creamy. As always, use standard peanut butter not natural, to prevent an overly oily cookie.
- Jelly/Jam – You can use either but I tested these with jam as I just love jam. Additionally, whatever flavor you desire. I used a raspberry and a mixed berry when testing and both were great. Whatever you prefer in a sandwich, use that flavor.
- 160 g AP Flour 1⅓ cup
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- ½ cup Unsalted butter room temperature
- 100 g Granulated sugar ½ cup
- 200 g Peanut butter ¾ cup
- 100 g Jelly or jam 5 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a medium-large bowl and your hand mixer or the bowl of your stand mixer with paddle attached, add butter and sugar and mix on medium until light and fluffy. 2-3 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, and mix until well incorporated.
- Add your dry ingredients and mix in with a rubber spatula.
- Add your jam/jelly in a few dollops around the bowl and mix throughout dough. You do not want to fully mix into the dough, but marble the dough with streaks of jam/jelly.
- Scoop your dough onto your baking sheet into about 2 tbsp size scoops. Leave about 2 inches around each cookie.
- Bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes on the center rack of your oven. Cookies will be soft in the center but set on the edges and lightly browned. Allow to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Cookies keep fresh 3-5 days when kept in an airtight container. Enjoy!