White chocolate brownies are here. No, not a typo, that shouldn’t say blondies. Brownies. If you love white chocolate, these are the treat for YOU.
So what is a white chocolate brownie? Exactly what you might expect. When making brownies we use cocoa powder or melted chocolate. When you bake blondies, you leave those out unless you are adding chocolate chips. Frequently brown sugar, or mix of white and brown sugars are used. In white chocolate brownies, we use melted white chocolate in lieu of melted semi sweet chocolate. The result is a chewy fudgy bar with that beautiful white chocolate flavor.
White chocolate can be notoriously cloying, but I took steps to assure they are not overly sweet yet also still give that white chocolate flavor. If you love brownies, and blondies, you definitely should try these!
These white chocolate brownies are utterly chewy and a little fudgy and if you are a white chocolate lover, you will be in heaven. They have both wonderful texture and flavor and even if white chocolate isn’t your favorite I think you will thoroughly enjoy these.
White Chocolate Brownies Key Ingredients
- White Chocolate Bar – Personally I love using these Lindt White Chocolate bars however you can use whatever brand you prefer. Just make sure for the portion of chocolate you are melting you are using good quality actual white chocolate. I would sway you away from chocolate chips.
- White Chocolate Chips – I know I just said don’t use white chocolate chips, but you do need some to add to the batter just before baking. These won’t melt during bake time and will leave you with bites that have an extra bit of white chocolate in them.
- Salt – Salt is going to help us balance the flavor of these. It’s not part of the recipe but you could even sprinkle some flaky sea salt on top of the bars as they come out of the oven.
- 200 g White chocolate, chopped ~6oz
- 113 g Unsalted butter ½ cup
- 2 tbsp Neutral oil
- 2 large Eggs + 1 yolk room temperature
- 100 g Granulated sugar ½ cup
- 150 g AP Flour 1¼ cup
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 170 g White chocolate chips 1 cup
- In a small bowl, add flour and salt and whisk together. Set aside.
- Line an 8×8 baking sheet with parchment, set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a double boiler, or a bowl over a small sauce pan of simmering water, add your chopped white chocolate, butter and oil. Stir occasionally until melted. Remove bowl from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, add granulated sugar and eggs plus additional yolk. Mix on medium for 4-5 minutes. Eggs will be slightly foamy and voluminous.
- Slow your mixing to low and slowly pour in your melted white chocolate, butter, and oil mix. Mix until combined.
- Add in your dry ingredients and mix until flour is JUST combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour in your white chocolate chips and stir into the batter.
- Pour your batter into your prepared pan and smooth out into an even layer.
- Place into your oven on the center rack and bake for 25-30 minutes. The center should be set. Allow to completely cool before cutting into and enjoying. Store in an airtight container.