Who doesn’t love Oreos? I don’t know if I’ve ever met anyone who doesn’t. I once read a study that showed that Oreos activated the same pleasure centers in the brain as cocaine. So.. there’s that. Haha, I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Don’t start using cocaine, just eat a cookie. Or better yet, Oreo blondies. Sounds good to me.
I adapted this recipe from my Butter Nut Blondies recipe, so if you’ve had those you know how delicious these will be. Instead of cashew butter though, we add crushed Oreos instead. I considered leaving the cashew butter in AND adding the Oreos but I figured for now, I’ll just swap and then I may play with that in the future.
These are just as quick and easy to make. The batter comes together in about 15 minutes including browning the butter, then they cook in about 35. Plus you can make it without a mixer of any kind. Just a spatula and/or whisk.
- Browned Butter – Browned butter makes everything taste and smell insanely delicious. Butter is great but this is better. And it adds such a rich flavor to the blondies.
- Oreos – A delightful snack on their own but necessary to add the chocolatey goodness to these babies.
Now that you are in the know, let’s get to baking! Be sure and leave a review if you try these blondies!
- ½ cup Unsalted butter 1 stick
- 130 g AP Flour 1 cup
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Baking powder
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 150 g Dark brown sugar ~¾ cup, packed
- 50 g Sugar ~¼ cup
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 15 Oreo Cookies
- Take your butter and put it in a light colored or stainless pot or pan on med-med high heat. Butter can be cold, but I find this process smoother if the butter is room temperature. Stir the butter as it melts, and once the fats start to turn a golden brown and smell nutty, remove from heat and pour butter into a bowl to cool off. Butter goes from browned to burnt quite quickly so don't leave your butter unattended!
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment.
- After about 5 minutes, add both kinds of sugar to the bowl with your butter and mix until combined. You can use a mixer but hand mixing works great.
- Once combined, add in eggs and mix until thoroughly combined, then stir in vanilla extract.
- Take 10 oreos (setting aside 5) and crush them. I don't use a food processor for this because I like slightly bigger chunks. I put them in a baggie and use something to crush them up.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until flour is JUST combined.
- Add the crushed oreos to the batter and fold in.
- Pour batter into prepped pan, and top with the additional 5 oreos. I break this by hand so the top has some larger and some smaller pieces.
- Bake for about 35 minutes on center rack of oven. A toothpick inserted should come out cleanly. Let cool in pan for at least 3 hours before cutting into them.
Pingback:Rainbow Malted Milk Blondies